CURRENT MEMBERSHIP LIST
The 501 Executive Committee is composed of one local government representative and one private citizen representative from each of the nine member localities.
COMMITTEE MEMBER REPRESENTING PHONE
- Donald Austin - VDOT - Appomattox/Campbell 434-352-7135
- Kenneth Martin - VDOT - Halifax Residency Administrator 434-433-3141
- Phyllis Campbell - Town of Brookneal - Mayor 434-376-3124
- Gary Christie - Region 2000 - Local Government Council 434-845-3491
- Edward Owens - Town of South Boston - Mayor 434-575-4200
- Mike Davidson - Campbell County Economic Development Director 434-592-9595
- J.T. Davis - Halifax County Board of Supervisors 434-376-5480
- James Halasz - Halifax County - County Administrator 434-476-3300
- City of Lynchburg - Traffic Engineer 434-847-1360
- Paul Harvey - Campbell County Community Development Director 434-592-9596
- Jeffrey Kessler - VDOT - Salem/Lynchburg 434-856-8293
- Ron Lovelace - Campbell County 434-528-1520
- Susan Martin - Bedford Chamber of Commerce 540-586-9401
- Traci Blido - Bedford County Economic Development Director 540-587-5670
- Christine Kennedy - Lynchburg Regional Business Alliance 434-845-5968
- J.D. Puckett - Campbell County Board of Supervisors 434-592-9525
- Bob Sutton - VDOT 540-586-7910
- Bob White - Region 2000 - Local Government Council 434-845-5678
HOW TO JOIN
U.S. Highway 501 serves a vital role in the economic life of this region; thousands of trucks traverse it daily, supporting businesses and industries that are already located here. And the road’s condition certainly impacts the economic development potential of the land around it. Consequently, many area companies have begun to lend their support to the Coalition’s efforts to seek a regional, long-term solution. Won’t you? Whether you’re part of a local business or just a concerned citizen, we would welcome your assistance in our efforts to make 501 safer.
If you would like to join our efforts to make U.S. Highway 501 a safer place to travel, send us an email.